Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all orders and supersede all others. Receipt and placement of order from you constitutes your acceptance that our conditions are the only conditions that apply to the contract. We always endeavor to provide you with the very best service and products. However, to comply with legislation we are required to supply you with this document.
Privacy: The information collected from you at the time you place an order will be stored in our database and is used purely to carry out your instructions and manage your account (unless you have indicated otherwise). There are no circumstances under which this information might be passed to a third party.
Products: We reserve the right to alter any details of products advertised without notice and while every effort is made to describe goods accurately in the advertisement, no warranty is given as to accuracy and no responsibility will be accepted for error or mis-description and any resulting loss.
Supply: We undertake to supply you with the goods described on our web pages or brochure by any normal time you might reasonably request.If you have an urgent order it is always advisable to discuss your requirement on the telephone +44(0)121 585 3950. All orders are accepted subject to our standard terms and conditions.
Prices: All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT and carriage, and may be subject to alteration without notice.
Delivery: Goods are delivered to UK destinations via quality overnight couriers. If for any reason there is a delay caused by extenuating circumstances to the courier, we will do our very best to notify the client. Carriers are subject to ongoing audits and checks. We cannot unfortunately guarantee the performance of these carrier services. Carriage will be charged at £8.99 + VAT to mainland UK or FOC if order over £500. Areas outside mainland UK will be charged at cost.
Claims: signed for as damaged or as unchecked to be entitled to a claim. If possible, photographic evidence of damage would be helpful and will assist in supporting your claim. If you request goods to be left at your premises without a signature, British LED or the carrier cannot be held responsible should the order be damaged or short in any way.
British LED cannot be held responsible for any associated or third party costs arising from delivery issues (such as due to late, damaged or non-deliveries) or delivery of wrong items.
Terms and Conditions
Warranties: British LED offer a one-year guarantee on all products and will happily replace defective stock as long as the item has been used as per manufacturer’s instructions &/or for fair ‘wear and tear’. Items returned under warranty will be inspected upon arrival and a decision to replace made by ‘The Management’.
Payment: Account holders must be aware of the following:
- All goods remain the property of British LED until paid for in full.
- In the event of British LED needing to recover any outstanding monies using external agencies or solicitors, all costs and charges are bearable by the customer.
Payment Terms: Net cash within 30 days from invoice date for approved accounts. Invoices are posted as the goods are dispatched. Accounts settled by credit card will at present not be subjected to administrative fees, however goods returned requiring a refund on a credit card will be subject to a 5% charge.
- Should defects in the goods cause death, injury or damage to personal property, our liability for any loss or damage suffered by you in respect of the goods shall be limited to the contract value of the goods.
- We can accept no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the supply of goods under this contract unless you have fully complied with.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the rights of the consumer.
- Where goods may be proven faulty, we reserve the right to rectify the problem via exchange or credit of goods
Force Majeure: We will not be held responsible for failure or delay in the carrying out of our obligations under the contract arising from any cause outside our reasonable control.
Complaints: respond quickly, positively and courteously to any complaints. Please contact us with any complaint you have and it will be directed to the head of the relevant department to facilitate corrective action. Please let us know, as by putting right our mistakes it will help us improve our processes.
Law and Jurisdiction: Any contract for your purchase from British LED is governed by and has to be interpreted under the Law of England, and you agree that such contract will be subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
Terms regarding Lighting Installations:
- All lighting circuits should have up to date 5 year testing certificates available for viewing
- All lighting circuits should be clearly identifiable
- No remedial works to the lighting electrical installation are included within quotes, unless fully identified
- Access is based on an 9hr working day or local site arrangement
- Areas of work and access will be arranged prior to any installation works
- Permits to work should be made available at the start of every working day
- Additional ad-hoc works labour will be charged at £50.00 per hour
- All works priced to take place on a continual basis – eg. costs may arise to remobilise for any contract breaks
- Quotes valid for 30 days from date shown
- All installs will require an upfront payment of 50% of the full order value before any scheduled works can begin
Terms regarding Lighting Installations:
- Purchase Order number required to confirm order – required by email or written confirmation
- Site to provide access to project manager or equivalent at all times
- British LED to organise via approved contractor all Contractor Pack, RAMS, Induction etc
- All works to be completed within 4 working weeks unless prior agreement with site
- All recycling waste to be processed through the sites own facility, unless otherwise requested by the client.
- All non recycled waste for separation (tubes & fittings) and their disposal with suitable skips and tube coffins are to be provided by the client, unless otherwise requested – In which case, a quote will be organised.